Re: Mutex init failure trying to run Scribus

René Berber wrote:
You mean Scribus runs anyway?  Perhaps I missed something, I didn't see any
window or anything else appear.

WFM: http://cygwinports.dotsrc.org/screenshots/scribus.jpg

Anyway I'm recompiling Scribus from sources, let's see if the invalid argument
is catched on the source, probably not but I want to rule out that the version
of Cygwin I'm using (one of the snapshots) didn't change something that affected
this.

FWIW, I built scribus with stock Cygwin 1.5.18-1. I'm almost certain this has to do with Qt itself, not with any individual program. If you're interested in helping look into this, I'd say to grab the qt3-3.3.4-2-src package and try to find the problem there.

Wrt what I said earlier about all C++ Qt programs being affected, that appears to be not 100% true: xxdiff (yes, also available at Cygwin Ports) does not show this message; perhaps it doesn't use Qt threads.

In any case, I can't do it this minute, but I hope that early next week I can look into this further.

Yaakov