Re: scribus: cygjpeg-62.dll not found

On Sat, Dec 10, 2005 at 06:46:32PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 07:39:25AM +0800, Erich Dollansky wrote:
>>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>>>
>>>Sorry but it isn't up to Yaakov to decide if things that aren't part of
>>>the cygwin distribution are discussed here.  The fact that we advertise
>>>other people's cygwin efforts doesn't mean that we are automatically
>>>opening up the cygwin mailing list to discuss their efforts.
>>>
>>As the number of users is growing may I suggest a mailing list run by
>>cygwin dealing with applications which are contributed?
>
>If someone wants to make something generally available it is fairly easy
>to get it included into the cygwin distribution itself.  I don't see any
>reason to encourage alternate ways of distributing software when we have
>an acceptable way to distribute it already.
>
>That said, however, there isn't anything stopping somebody from creating
>a mailing list and advertising it on the cygwin web site.

Btw, while I don't mind an occasional foray into discussing other
packages here, this "cygjpeg-62.dll" problem is exactly the kind of
discussion that I do not want to see proliferate.

We go to some effort trying to get the packages in the cygwin
distribution right, with proper dependencies and proper packaging.
However, we have no power to fix these kinds of problems in other
product distributions and I don't want to see the cygwin lists getting
bogged down with attempts to fix problems over which we have no control.

cgf