Re: Mutex init failure trying to run Scribus

On Sat, Dec 10, 2005 at 09:30:27PM -0600, Yaakov S (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
>Ren? Berber wrote:
>>I tried using cygwin1.dll version 1.5.18 and it works just like you said.
>>Then
>>I downloaded the latest snapshot, version 20051207, and scribus fails as
>>before
>>(no error messages, the one I used as subject is only a warning, nothing).
>
>As this is an apparent regression, if you could track this down in the
>cygwin1.dll, I'm sure Corinna and cgf would like to know about it on
>the main list.  (I, for one, won't be very happy if my programs stop
>working when 1.5.19 comes out!)

I'm sure that you won't be be but I, for one, won't be very happy when
the people who use your programs conclude that any problems they have,
whether they are packaging, cockpit, or otherwise, should be discussed
here.

I'm glad that you are clarifying things on your web site.  It would be
nice if there was another place where people could get help with your
packages so that we could be assured that, when problems turn up here,
they are likely to be problems with the cygwin dll or the cygwin
distribution rather than standard random end-user complaints about
installation or misconceptions.

cgf