Re: Mutex init failure trying to run Scribus

René Berber wrote:

> - From what you said, the "initializer=0x0" is what casuses the SIGSEGV.

I'm not sure if that's what's causing it, because it doesn't try to
dereference that.  I think what's happening is that this:

  /* The opengroup docs don't define if we should check this or not,
     but creation is relatively rare.  */
  if (pthread_key::is_good_object (key))
    return EBUSY;

at the beginning of pthread_key_create causes the fault.  I.e. it's
checking if the key happens to already be valid before creating it,
which is going to fail most of the time, for good reason.  So, not a
bug.  In a normal program it doesn't matter because of the efault stuff,
but when debugging it results in all those spurious SIGSEGVs.

If I understand this right you can safely comment out the above check
without affecting much of anything, just to shut up gdb.  Or you can try
"handle SIGSEGV nostop, noprint, pass".  But then you'd miss a
legitimate SEGV -- I don't know if that's what you're trying to track
down or not.

Brian