Re: problems with xfree86 and x11 in Cygwin on notebook

Daniel Schulte wrote:

> I have tried to install cygwin-x today on my notebook, but it failed
> unfortunately.  The installation process was ok, but I am not able to
> set a display resp. to initialize a x-server. I think that my graphic
> ship SIS 650 is the problem. But I don't know how to configure the X11
> enviroment of cygwin-xfree, so that the x-server will run and that I
> will be able to connect myself with my notebook to another Unix-server
> and to work with emacs or nedit on my laptop. The same installation on a
> PC with a more common graphic.ship was successful.
>
> Does anyone have an idea, which file I have to configure and which
> settings I have to use, so that the X-server will work?

All configuration is done in the parameters, as you can see in the messages that
appear starting X:

(II) XF86Config is not supported
(II) See http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html for more information

Could you post the output of running startx?  The part about
"winDetectSupportedEngines ..." or just below that should indicate what is the
problem.
--
René Berber