Failure of XWin -multiwindow -clipboard in W98

Hi,

This is a very old problem. At the time when I first
had the problem there were other people reporting it,
so I thought that it was already solved.
The fact is that -clipboard option does not function
in my W98 machine, I believe that it never has. I use
xwinclip, which is OK.
The symptoms of the bug are the following

>From a CMD-bash shell I type:

$ export DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
$ XWin -multiwindow -clipboard &

.... it writes the usual stuff that goes in XWin.log

$ xterm &

Appears the usual xterm window that functions OK until
one selects a text.  The selected text is indeed copied
in the clipboard, as can be seen with the Clipboard Viewer.
After that the xterm window is blocked. XWin is also blocked.
The XWin tray icon does not respond.
The xterm window does not move in front when its touched.
It does not disappear when the X button is touched.
If one kills the xterm program from the CMD-bash-shell
the windows persists.
If one kills XWin from the CMD-bash-shell, then both
xterm and XWin disappear.

If one just starts XWin and then clicks Exit in the
tray icon, then a Windows allert screen appears that
says:
----------
XWin
This program has performed an ilegal operation an will
be shut down.
XWin casued an invalid page fault in module CYGWIN1.DLL
at 0167:6108e05e.
All the behavior is reproducible.
Without the -clipboard option everything is OK.
I hope that this report can be useful.

R.M.

PS: Please do not eliminate the "obsolete" xwinclip program.