multimonitor on laptops if monitor added after X starts (can resize down, but not up)

I am so impressed with your fullscreen, multiplemonitors, and clipboard
support.  Bravo!  Just one nagging nit:

-multiplemonitors works great on my xp laptop (dell/intel chipset) if
the additional display is added prior to Xwin starting.  I can even
switch to single monitor and go back, with everything working.

However, if I start Xwin prior to adding an additional monitor, Xwin
won't handle the increased number of rows/cols properly.

Perhaps a fix would just require that I specify my max rows/cols at
Xwin's startup (but how?).

Thanks, Eric

Eric Freudenthal // http://rlab.cs.utep.edu/~freudent
office: (915) 747-6954  cell: (917) 279-6208