Re: App titles in xterms appearing in wrong windows

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006, Brent Eagles wrote:

Hi,

I must be doing something obviously wrong, but I am having trouble with
titles for programs running under X. The title changes do not appear on

some applications use the cygwin-specific call to write the title-string, rather than use xterm's escape string.

my xterm but on the console window where I started X. This doesn't seem
to be strictly related to running Cygwin/X in rootless mode. When I run
X with a root window and use a window manager (WindowMaker), the same
thing happens. This is a big pain since I have to cycle through all of
my xterms to find the one where I'm running mutt, emacs, etc. Is this
expected behavior?

For what it's worth, my CYGWIN environment variable is contains binmode,
tty and title.

I've done a bit of searching and all I can find is title issues related
to setting the xterm window to display the current path (which works
fine for me btw).

Cheers,

Brent

-- Thomas E. Dickey http://invisible-island.net ftp://invisible-island.net