From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com] On Behalf Of
Igor Peshansky
Sent: Wednesday, 5 April 2006 10:41 PM
To: John Rehill
Cc: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Scaleable fonts

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006, John Rehill wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Newbie here.  Am trying to get scaleable fonts in a command window
> running under cygwin.  I have installed xorg-x11-fnts (6.8.1.0-3) and
> xorg-x11-fscl (6.8.1.0-2) but from there I'm at a loss as to how to
> implement them.  I don't care what font is actually used, as long as
> it's readable but I want to have it so that when the user changes the
> window size or maximizes it, the fonts 'grow' with the window.

Those are X fonts, and thus not applicable to the Windows cmd window.
AFAIK, there is no way to get the Windows cmd window to display in a font
that is rescaled when the window is resized (not on WinXP, at least).
Win98 has such a feature, IIRC.

You could try to run rxvt in the Windows-native mode -- perhaps it has
some option to change font scaling when resized.

> Oh and sorry if this is to the wrong group I figured this was a cygwin
> thing and not a cygwin/x thing.  Still getting to grips with the system
> so not sure where one begins and the other ends.

No, you're correct -- other than mentioning the X fonts, this has nothing
to do with Cygwin/X.
HTH,
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_	    pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu |

"Las! je suis sot... -Mais non, tu ne l'es pas, puisque tu t'en rends
compte."
"But no -- you are no fool; you call yourself a fool, there's proof enough
in
that!" -- Rostand, "Cyrano de Bergerac"