Von: cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com] Im
Auftrag von Guido
Gesendet: Dienstag, 11. April 2006 23:47
An: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Betreff: Weird newbie problems...

Hello. I'm having some trouble with Cygwin/X.
Probably the most bizarre problem I have is that most often when I start
Xterm, it doesn't respond to the "S" key.

I don't use Xterm very much, but that does make it difficult to 'echo
$DISPLAY', which is what I've been trying to do for a week. Any suggestions?

Secondly, I'm trying to run X applications remotely. My computer is
running Cygwin/X and OpenSSH under Windows XP SP2. I'm using PuTTY on
the remote machine to connect. The SSH session works with no problem,
but every time I try to run an X application, I get this error:

X connection to <my machine>:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

I thought it might be my firewall (I was running Zone Alarm), but I've
uninstalled that and I am still having this problem.

I greatly appreciate any help.

Thank you.
-Krandun