Re: cygwin gnome-terminal pty error

I haven't had a chance to get back to it and I'm still stuck using a
boat load of xterms all over the place instead of the nice tabs I
could have had gnome-terminal work as expected.

That's the thing about cygwin ... you get really weird errors that not
many people have seen before.

Oh wait.  Now that I read your email again (and carefully) I see you
haven't seen my newer email.  After the last update, I'm now getting a
different behavior.  I'm not getting the pty errors, which is what
made me install cygserver btw, (which somehow got rid of my fork
problems, that's another story though) but the gnome terminal doesn't
do anything.  That is, before, at least the menus did work (what
gnome-terminal really is) but the canvas was blank.  Now not even the
menus work.

I'll get back to it eventually ... unless you find a solution before
me.  One thing seems certain though: nobody is using gnome-terminal.

On 4/19/06, Peter <redorbit01@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Luis P Caamano <lcaamano <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

> > Hello,
> >
> > I've installed gnome-terminal from the sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports
> > site with no errors.  Unfortunately, when I run gnome-terminal from an
> > xterm I get the error below:

> ------------
> > $ gnome-terminal
> >
> > ** (gnome-terminal:3608): WARNING **: Error setting PTY size: Invalid
> argument.
> >
> > ** (gnome-terminal:3608): WARNING **: Error reading PTY size, using
> > defaults: Invalid argument.
> >
> > ** (gnome-terminal:3608): WARNING **: Error reading PTY size, using
> > defaults: Invalid argument.
> >
> > ** (gnome-terminal:3608): WARNING **: Error setting PTY size: Invalid
> argument.
> >
> > ** (gnome-terminal:3608): WARNING **: Error reading PTY size, using
> > defaults: Invalid argument.
> -----------
> >

> Even I am having the same problem. My Terminal session just hangs there
> without returning the command prompt. Have you been able to fix this? Or did
> someone else have a solution to this problem? I am guessing it is some env
> setting in cygwin but cannot figure out what.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter
> redorbit01@yahoo.com
>

> --