Re: Cygwin/Xterm scroll while selecting text

On Sun, 7 May 2006, Doug Bohl wrote:

Yeah, Thomas is right. I personally don't like the scrollbars, I just
use the scrollwheel on my mouse to scroll up and down text in xterm. So my method for selecting a large amount of text is:

- scroll to location of beginning text
- right click once on exactly where i want to begin selection
- scroll down with scrollwheel until end text is reached
- right click again exactly where i want to end selection

Of course, in conjunction with right-clicking, you could alternatively
use the scrollbar ;-)

yes. It depends on your wheel mouse. I've used a wheel mouse which scrolls smoothly (but it's not the one at hand this moment - that one bounces a lot, sending spurious events). The scrollbars tend to be more reliable, though not necessarily as easy to use (since they require an extra step).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net