Re: Can't run graphical aplications

I've tried to start several graphical aplications, like xmgrace, twm or xpdf
and I get always the same message "Can't open display: " It seems there is
no display configured for the X server.
On the other hand, Xwin starts the Xserver with no error messages.

You must have the DISPLAY variable set to point to your X-Server, the most likely setting to work would be 127.0.0.1:0.0. If you use the xterm that should start with the X-Server, this variable should already be set. X is clinet server, without the DISPLAY variable, the clients are you starting have no way to find the X-server.

Since I'm new in Cygwin, perhaps I'm missing something. Any help on this
issue is highly appreciated.

A familarity with UNIX/Linux would be advisable as this is the environment that Cygwin is providing. There are many sources of information on this topic including The Linux Documentation Project (www.tldp.org).

Brett