Re: LINES and COLUMNS not getting updated

http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTWLL ...thanks!

Samuel Thibault wrote:
Christopher Faylor, le Wed 31 May 2006 11:47:54 -0400, a écrit :
On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 10:07:48AM -0400, Kenneth Nellis wrote:
In my Cygwin X-Windows xterm environment, I'm not seeing the LINES and
and COLUMNS environment variables getting updated correctly after my
window is resized. Furthermore, "echo $COLUMNS" and "printenv COLUMNS"
don't agree. (I didn't see relevant articles in the archives.)

Please go back and read http://cygwin.com/lists.html . This question is not appropriate for the general cygwin list.

This message belongs on the cygwin-xfree list - a list that the xterm maintainer
reads.

Mmm, it doesn't seem to me like only an xterm issue. Maybe xterm has troubles sending SIGWINCH, but apparently the shell itself has troubles updating the COLUMNS variable.

Trying again since my original post apparently went to /dev/null (sent almost two hours ago and not on gmane or the official web archives...).

...does 'shopt -s checkwinsize' help?

$ man -P 'less -iRs -p checkwinsize' bash
$ help shopt

--
Matthew
Doom doom dooM doo-DooM dOOm DOom doOM... DOOM! -- Gir