Re: windows XP : cygwin -X server not opening

Hi Alex

Thanks for digging deep into my resume . I did gave a look at the log
before sending it.  What I vaguely figured out was that the font dir
was causing some problem , after I ran and installed the full
installation of x-lib this was showing and when i reverted back to
default x-lib configuaration was this problem gone.

I hope my post entertained you more I'm very much puzzled how a genius
like you miss on /c/cygwin.. . things.  Even a guy like me who bought
MS know that absolute paths start with /.

Thanks again for your expertise in Cygwin
Avinash

Dear Avinash,
from your CV:
"Senior software engineer with two years of experience on various
platforms like UNIX, .."
Imo - a Senior with amazing two years of experience should be able to
read the messages on his screen, look into a logfile and solve the
problem within 5 minutes maybe while also taking a look into the
documentation.
Thanks for the funny post, it made me laugh a lot.
Ask the people where you bought your master. They may also sell you
the solution to this.
Alex
http://www.aiengine.org