Cygwin's RUN command and Windows Vista Beta 2

The RUN commands that comes with Cygwin-X
(\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\run.exe) has a problem on Windows Vista Beta 2.

When I tried running Xwin.exe and ssh.exe using that RUN command on
Vista, it caused a blue-screen crash of the OS.

Changing my scripts to use the Windows command-shell START Command
instead of the run command stopped the crash from happening, but of
course doesn't create the window "hidden".

I'd guess there is some parameter being passed to CreateProcess that
didn't used to matter on XP, but now matters to Vista, and is set wrong.