Re: STARTXWIN.BAT Hanging Under Win2KPro

Brett Serkez <bserkez <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I have not seen a hang per se, but some times I run STARTXWIN.BAT and
> nothing happens, I never get the X server or the xterm, sometimes I
> get the X server but no xterm.  If I run the script again, I usually
> get an xterm.  No errors, no hangs.
>
> Since I'm able to recover by simply rerunning the script, I've not
> attempted to track it down.
>
> I've seen this behavior on both Win2KPro and WinXP Pro.

This is EXACTLY the behavior I'm getting & am describing as a "hang", except
that I don't get a xterm.  The reason I'm trying to track it down is that I
would *really* like to drop a link to startxwin.bat into my startup folder and
have it run at startup so I don't have to think about it.