Re: can't open fontforge--get error cygxml2-2.dll not found

Naomi Gill wrote:

> I downloaded Cygwin and got it to work.

What worked?  A simple terminal or you were able to start XWin?

> Then I downloaded FontForge to
> run on Cygwin. All well and good until I tried to open FontForge. Then I
> got an error message saying that cygxml2-2.dll could not be found.
>
> From what I was able to gather from the Cygwin site, the above file is
> part of the libxml2 package. So I went through the setup.exe process
> again and made sure I downloaded and installed all the libxml2 packages.
>
> The thing is, I'm still getting that error. What can I do?

In Windows, to run, all programs need to find their components (.exe and .dll)
and the search is done by the Windows loader which uses the Windows PATH
environment variable plus the current working directory.

My guess is that you don't have Cygwin's bin directory in your Windows PATH, and
for XWin programs you also need the XWin bin directory in there.

My Windows PATH starts with
"%CYGHOME%\bin;%CYGHOME%\usr\X11R6\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;..."

CYGHOME is "c:\cygwin"
--
René Berber