Re: can't open fontforge--get error cygxml2-2.dll not found

Top-post reformatted.

From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin X)" <reply-to-list-only-lh-x <splat> cygwin <spot> com>
To: cygwin-xfree <splat> cygwin <spot> com

Don't feed spammers. <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>

Subject: Re: can't open fontforge--get error cygxml2-2.dll not found
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 22:19:40 -0400

naomi gill wrote:
I downloaded Cygwin and got it to work. Then I downloaded FontForge to run on Cygwin. All well and good until I tried to open FontForge. Then I got an error message saying that cygxml2-2.dll could not be found.

From what I was able to gather from the Cygwin site, the above file is part
of the libxml2 package. So I went through the setup.exe process again and made sure I downloaded and installed all the libxml2 packages.

The thing is, I'm still getting that error. What can I do?

Consult the party from whom you got FontForge? FontForge isn't part of the Cygwin distribution so asking for help with it here isn't really appropriate.

naomi gill wrote:
Yeah, I thought about that. But since the error had to do with a missing Cygwin component and FontForge hadn't even opened, I thought the problem might be with something I missed with Cygwin. That's why I'm asking here.

But what would be requesting the missing Cygwin component? FontForge! Please take your questions about how to get this binary distribution of FontForge working in the Cygwin environment to the FontForge mailing list. That's the appropriate place for your questions on this matter.

Holliston, MA 01746