fatal error with X Server 6.8.99.901-1

Since upgrading X Server from 6.8.2.0-4 to 6.8.99.901-1, I get a Windows alert box after opening a second xterm window using the startxwin.bat script, which apparently used to be able to detect whether X Server was already running or not so as not to attempt to start multiple instances. This detection mechanism seems to be broken with the new release.

Despite the fact that "a fatal error has occurred and Cygwin/X will now exit", all seems to work just fine after dismissing the alert box.

Reverting back to 6.8.2.0-4, all seems to work as before, even with all the other new X stuff, which didn't seem to be announced. Perhaps some caveats would have been mentioned.

The alert box directs me to file /tmp/XWin.log, which I copy, below. The alert box also says:
       XWin was started with the following command line:
       /usr/X11R6/bin/XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error

Attached is "cygcheck -svr" output.

Wondering if X Server is broken or the startxwin.bat script or what, but for now, the older version seems to be working just fine.

--Ken Nellis

_XSERVTransSocketINETCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: server already running

Fatal server error:
Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't already running