Bugreport: Swiss German Keylayout no more autodetected

Hi

Today I updated Cygwin again after quite a while and after starting the X Server I found out that due to some mayor update, autodetection of my keyboard layout fails.

While in /tmp/XWin.log the follwing lines appear:

(--) winConfigKeyboard - Layout: "00000807" (00000807)
(--) Using preset keyboard for "German (Switzerland)" (807), type "4"

I'm effectively off with a default US english keyboard.

I guess it's because the name of the keyboard layouts changed in this new X.org based release of X, AFAIK in older XFree releases it was de_CH and fr_CH.

From a newer Ubuntu related howto ( :-) ) I finally derived the command that makes my layout work if I put it into a suitable startup script:

setxkbmap ch -model 105 #(for Swiss German)

or

setxkbmap ch -model 105 -variant fr #(for Swiss French)

Though it works for me this way I'm pretty sure, I can help giving Cygwin a better X server by submitting this bug report as someone here knows how to fix the autodetection routines.

best regards

Marco