Re: modification of startx.bat not work

Dirk Schleicher wrote:
[snip]
> let me try to explain it once more. At the moment I start cygwin by
> startx.bat. Then I have a open xterm "window" where I start SC.
> This means that I have two "icons" or two programs (SC and Xterm) in the
> taskbar (hope taskbar is the right word) of my W2k. If I close the
> Xterm SC will be closed too.

Correct, the way XWin is started using startxwin.bat does make the whole server
execution depend on the xterm, so when the xterm is closed XWin terminates.

That can be changed easily by using startx (instead of startxwin.bat) and
creating a file in your home directory named .xsession like this:

#!/bin/sh
#
# FILE: $HOME/.xsession

# exec SylpheedClaws

/usr/bin/sylpheed-claws & scpid=$!

# Now wait for program to terminate

wait $scpid
exit 0

You can also do the same at the end of your .xinitrc (that's what I use); in
that case you don't even need the wait, when SC terminates XWin terminates.

The reason I use startx is because it doesn't open an xterm, but if you copied
the global xinitrc (in /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc) to your home .xinitrc it also has
execute xterm at the end... you'll have to comment that one too.

> What I try to get is one script where I can start a Xserver without
> any bash "window" and SC.
>
> More to explain I am not able with my English.

Your original post says that you had a network problem, can you show the actual
message?
--
René Berber