Re: glut (for X) cannot be compiled without -mno-cygwin

Hi Yaakov,

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 06:44:51PM -0500, Yaakov S (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
> Jens Seidel wrote:
> > $ g++ -H -g -O2 -I/usr/X11R6/include main.cpp -lglut
> > . /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/../../../../include/w32api/GL/glut.h
> >
> > The references to w32api/GL are probably wrong!
> > Once I omit -I/usr/X11R6/include (or use -mno-cygwin) it works:
>
> Is freeglut installed?  It appears not.

Yep, you're right. I installed it and now it seems to work better.
It just failed because of a missing __isnand function in libm. Afer
providing (only as a workaround) my own it works flawlessly.

So it's also OK that my configure test failed without freeglut, even
though I assumed I have all parts. Great!

> > Since I want to build an X application I do not want to use w32api/GL or
> > -mno-cygwin! Any idea?
>
> g++ -g -O2 -I/usr/X11R6/include -L/usr/X11R6/lib main.cpp -lglut
>
> You need to specify the -L/usr/X11R6/lib also, since that's where the
> X11 glut library is found.

Yep, you're right.

Since I was first not sucessful without freeglut, I tried also a mingw build
using -mno-cygwin. Of course I did not expect a proper linking step but it
helped me to make my application more standard conform.

Nevertheless it seems that this a fragile. So I first failed because
/usr/bin/make.exe was not found. The funny thing is that I could use
/cygdrive/c/usr/bin/make.exe :-) A symlink fixed this.

Also some header files such as gmp.h could not be found in /usr/include.
Once I added -I/usr/include (which should be the default) I got a lot of
crazy errors. Adding a symlink to a local include directory helped.

OK, I don't care much about this. My main indent was just to test my program
on cygwin, to find portability issues and to be prepared ...

Jens