Re: Keyboard and Mouse Input delay/pausing using 6.8.99.901

Jay Peterson wrote:

> I am seeing the same delay symptoms since I upgraded xorg-x11 to 6.8.99.901-1.
> On the Windows side my system is Windows 2000 service pack 4 with all critical
> updates as of 2006.08.04. On the Linux side I am running Red Hat 9.
> I get the same symptoms on 3 different (RH9) Linux systems. In response to Collin's
> question I have logged in with XDMCP as different regular users and have the same
> problem. I tried somthing that I don't normally do (for obvious reasons) and
> logged in as root. There was NO delay. This is not a solution but perhaps
> it will help in resolving the problem.

Just to add my report to the pile:

* Similar client system (Windows 2000 service pack 4 with all updates as of 2006.08.14)
* Linux server is SuSE Linux Pro 10.0 (fully patched).

Same basic symptoms logging in as any normal user (everything fine until I press a key,
then pauses on both mouse and key input)

I haven't tried logging in as root, because the Linux box is set up to disallow remote
root logins.

No problems with the previous 6.8.2 version.

Colin Harrison, if you're reading this, maybe you could send me your patched executable
for me to try?

Vince Negri