ideal Norton Internet Security 2006 config with Cygwin/X

Out of the box, NIS 2006 slows down Cygwin/X.  I open XWin.exe to run a bash
shell.  When I type at the command prompt:

ls -h | sort -r

The command prompt freezes on my Windows box for awhile.  That is no longer
the case with the following tweaks to NIS2006:

1. Right click on the Norton Internet Security Tray icon.  Select 'Open
Norton Internet Security'.
2. Using the drop down arrow on the Options button, select 'Norton Anti-
Virus'.
3. In the upper left hand corner, click on 'Auto-Protect'.
4. Click on 'Exclusions'.
5. Click the 'New' button.  Type 'C:\cygwin' and check 'Include subfolders'.
Click 'OK'.
6. Under the 'Auto-Protect' menu, click on 'Bloodhound'.  Uncheck 'Turn
Bloodhound heuristics on'.  Click 'OK' and you're done!

This has made a significant difference in the speed of the bash shell for
me.

HTH someone.