Re: slow paints despite fast hardware

Phlip wrote:
> The question remains: Where do I start the investigate, and what RC
> files and setting lines might control the situation?
My understanding is that Cygwin is just an emulator.  Cygwin/X will
respect the hardware acceleration that you do on the Windows config.
So, if your Windows has been configured to make full use of the video
hardware acceleration, so does Cygwin/X automatically.  Most of the
cryptic xf86config that you see on Linux is not applicable to Cygwin.

I guess I am confused like the other folks on what else you could do to
tune up Cygwin/X.  Just to limit the scope a bit - do you run slow xterm
even just by opening up a local xterm on your Windows XP (display
127.0.0.1:0.0)?

Cheers,
P.