Swiss German keyboard layout not recognized

Hello,

could you please tell me how to change the keyboard layout to Swiss
German,
which is correctly recognized by any application running within Windows
except X/CygWin ?

That's the relevant excerpt from my /tmp/XWin.log

(--) winConfigKeyboard - Layout: "0000100C" (0000100c)
(--) Using preset keyboard for "French (Switzerland)" (100c), type "4"

Kind regards,

Paolo.

IMPORTANT:
This e-mail transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only.
Its contents are private, confidential and protected from disclosure
and should not be read, copied or disclosed by any other person.
If you are not the intended recipient, we kindly ask you to notify the
sender immediately by telephone (+41 (0)58 806 50 00), to redirect the
message to the account "info@b-source.ch" and to delete this e-mail.
E-mail transmissions may be intercepted, altered or read by
unauthorized persons and may contain viruses. Therefore, it is
recommended that you use regular mail or courier services for any
information intended to be confidential. However, by sending us
messages through e-mail, you authorize and instruct us to correspond by
e-mail in the relevant matter.
Thank you.