X11 forwarding

Dear cygwin- Team
i am training to connect my linux system from my windows XP system. I do it with putty and cygwin .
but if i want start my x11 server. I get allways this error message:
Max@Laptop /etc/X11
$ startx

Welcome to the XWin X Server
Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
Release: 6.8.2.0-4

Contact: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com

XWin was started with the following command line:

X :0 -multiwindow -clipboard

_XSERVTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to root
winValidateArgs - g_iNumScreens: 1 iMaxConsecutiveScreen: 1
winCheckDisplayNumber - Cygwin/X is already running on display 0

Fatal server error:
InitOutput - Duplicate invocation on display number: 0.  Exiting.

winDeinitMultiWindowWM - Noting shutdown in progress
giving up.
xinit:  Connection reset by peer (errno 104):  unable to connect to X server
xinit:  No such process (errno 3):  Server error.

It would be nice if you can help me.
Thank you verry much
Max Pfeiffer