Re: Issue with xemacs in CygwinX

Paul Mallas <pmallas@rsmas.miami.edu> writes:

> Sorry for the cross posting, but I was told my original post on the
> Cygwin mail list was inappropriate and I should make it on the
> CygwinX.
>
> A recent xemacs upgrade does not work properly on my Cygwin system.
>
> I was running xemacs version 21.4.19-1 with no problem.  Newer versions
> (21.4.19-2, 21.4.19-3, and 21.4.20-2) fail. The error reads "X
> server not responding: <DISPLAY VARIABLE VALUE>."
>
> I reinstalled 21.4.19-1, things worked fine again. But I would like to
> figure out what the issue is for the newer versions.
>
> I can unset my DISPLAY variable and xemacs will run in a Windows
> window. If my DISPLAY variable is set - I get "X server not
> responding: <....>" Everything else runs properly in X with DISPLAY
> set- xterm, xclock, just not xemacs. Any thoughts?

No, mine works fine.  I'm using the latest of everything, on XP with 768M of
memory.

With my DISPLAY set to 192.168.0.102:0.0, I get an X version of Xemacs.  With
it unset, I get the windows one.

They both work fine.

You aren't starting xemacs from a script that might be changing something in
your environment, are you?

Dave