Re: XWin 100% CPU usage for Java applications on Vista

On 3/24/07, Holger Krull <holger.krull@gmx.de> wrote:
>   3. On a linux machine, run this command:
>
>   export DISPLAY=__VISTA_HOST__:0.0
>
>   4. Start a Java GUI application, on the linux machine. For example,
> use the jconsole command, from the Java JDK.
>
>   5. After the GUI is displayed on the Vista machine, lock the
> computer, then unlock it. The GUI window will become white and
> unresponsive, and one CPU core will be used up to 100%.

I had similar problems and found that starting the X Server with
 -engine 1 will help. Give it a try.

I tested, unfortunately, it doesn't work. And I just discovered that opening and closing the "About" window from the tray icon causes the same problem.

A concern is that I performed the tests using Remote Desktop. And I
just found another cygwin-xfree thread named "XWin 100% CPU usage
(Remote Desktop)" (it was on Windows 2003 Server). So Remote Desktop
might also be a factor.

Next week I will try again using a local session, but I already had
some "100% CPU" issues last week, without using Remote Desktop, so
most likely Remote Desktop is not the problem.