Re: Problems with Startx even after rebaseall

On Thu, 3 May 2007 00:22:50 +0100, Thorsten Kampe <thorsten@thorstenkampe.de> wrote:

> [...]
>> (II) XF86Config is not supported
>> (II) See http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html for more information
>> winDetectSupportedEngines - Windows NT/2000/XP
>> winDetectSupportedEngines - DirectDraw installed
>> winDetectSupportedEngines - DirectDraw4 installed
>> winDetectSupportedEngines - Returning, supported engines 00000007
>> winSetEngine - Using Shadow DirectDraw NonLocking
>> winAdjustVideoModeShadowDDNL - Using Windows display depth of 32 bits per pixel
>> winFinishScreenInitFB - Masks: 00ff0000 0000ff00 000000ff
>> MIT-SHM extension disabled due to lack of kernel support
>> XFree86-Bigfont extension local-client optimization disabled due to lack of shar
>> ed memory support in the kernel
>> (--) Setting autorepeat to delay=500, rate=31
>> (--) winConfigKeyboard - Layout: "00000409" (00000409)
>> (--) Using preset keyboard for "English (USA)" (409), type "4"
>> Rules = "xorg" Model = "pc105" Layout = "us" Variant = "(null)" Options = "(null
>> )"
>> (--) 5 mouse buttons found
>> Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/, removing from li
>> st!
>> Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/, removing from
>> list!
>> Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing from li
>> st!
>> Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/, removing from
>>  list!
>> winPointerWarpCursor - Discarding first warp: 509 353
>> winProcEstablishConnection - Hello
>> winProcEstablishConnection - Clipboard is not enabled, returning.
>> cat: /home/Ferdie/.Xauthority: No such file or directory
>>
>> waiting for X server to shut down FreeFontPath: FPE "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/mi
>> sc/" refcount is 2, should be 1; fixing.
>> winDeinitMultiWindowWM - Noting shutdown in progress
>>
>> #------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
>>
>> $ startxwin.bat
>> startxwin.bat - Starting on Windows NT/2000/XP/2003
>>       3 [main] run 2372 tty_list::allocate: No tty allocated
>>       3 [main] run 4892 tty_list::allocate: No tty allocated
>>
>> #------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
>>
>> $ startxwin.sh
>>
>> $ Welcome to the XWin X Server
>> Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
>> Release: 6.8.99.901-4
>>
>> Contact: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
>>
>> XWin was started with the following command line:
>>
>> XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error
>>
>> _XSERVTransSocketINETCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
>> _XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: server already running
>>
>> Fatal server error:
>> Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't already run
>> ning
>> winDeinitMultiWindowWM - Noting shutdown in progress
>
>It seems like there is something already listening or blocking the X

Do you have any suggestions on a solution?

I have no idea why this would occur or how to troubleshoot these scenarios.

The console keeps returning the font error.

Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing from li
st!
winPointerWarpCursor - Discarding first warp: 509 353
winProcEstablishConnection - Hello
winProcEstablishConnection - Clipboard is not enabled, returning.
cat: /home/neville/.Xauthority: No such file or directory

waiting for X server to shut down FreeFontPath: FPE "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/mi
sc/" refcount is 2, should be 1; fixing.
winDeinitMultiWindowWM - Noting shutdown in progress

This link gave me some insight, yet it did not resolve my main problem.

 http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html#q-error-font-eof

Apparently, mount does not list any mount points for /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts on my installation.

$ mount
C:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)
C:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)
C:\cygwin on / type system (binmode)
c: on /cygdrive/c type system (binmode,noumount)
d: on /cygdrive/d type system (binmode,noumount)
e: on /cygdrive/e type system (binmode,noumount)

$ umount /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts
umount: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts: No such file or directory