Re: line drawing characters in vt100 xterm

On Tue, 29 May 2007, J. David Boyd wrote:

Howdy

Sometime, I can connect to a customer system, and the vt100 terminal does a great job of drawing lines.

Other time, I get + and - and | characters instead.

A clue please? Where do I start troubleshooting this?

start with the $TERM environment variable. curses applications use that to lookup the terminal characteristics.

(ncurses may also note that the locale is set to a UTF-8 value and
depending on the $TERM setting, decide that line-drawing won't work).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net