Weird Xwindows situations...

I've got an xwindows application that I'm running on a PC through
CygwinX. What's going on is it's acting as if it's sending a mouse click
when it's just being moved. And it seems to be acting as if it's click
at the same location each time. (ie it's activating one of my buttons
without actually clicking the button.)

Is there anyway to get a debug log of mouse clicks and movement?

Or does anyone have any suggestions? If you start typing in the window
and then go to move the mouse anywhere on the screen it will act as if
the cancel button has been clicked.

Thoughts?