Re: cygwin/x with Vista

Holger Krull wrote:
Sodel Vazquez-Reyes schrieb:

I am wondering if there is a version for Windows Vista because I have installed
the current version, the installation process finished correctly, but cygwin/X didn't work.

I've gotten it to work reasonably well on Vista Home Premium. Try running the Cygwin setup as Administrator and in XP Compatibility Mode. Also, I had better luck when I did the install in two stages: first, I just downloaded the packages, then I ran setup again and chose the install from local repository option. Finally, make sure that your firewall is not blocking Xwin.exe or bash.exe.

I also agree with Holger regarding Xming. Xming works just
fine on Vista, and you can use Xming as your X Server when
running PuTTY or many if not all of the Cygwin X-based apps.

Hope this helps,

Scott

There is no version for Vista. X11 from cygwin has problems with Vista (search the archive) some have workarounds and some don't. If nothing helps try Xming.