Re: help! cygwin window linux cmds dont work/ not recognised

On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 02:57:06AM -0700, edzio wrote:
>I just installed cygwin from cygwin.com, the window opens with a bash-3.2$
>prompt no colon - i am trying cygwin to have a command line c++ compiler
>that behaves like linux. but commands like   ls  or cd  arent recognised or
>any command at all... what am i missing?

A couple of things: 1) You're sending email to the wrong list.  2) You
are not providing the details that are mentioned at the site and at the
bottom of messages to this mailing list, instead expecting us to use our
psychic abilities to solve your problems.

Use the cygwin mailing list for these types of questions and when you do
that, read and comprehend http://cygwin.com/problems.html.