Re: X forward problem

liang schrieb:
> Sorry to bother your guys. I am trying to set up  a sshd server on a super
> computer running on XP and set up putty on my laptop under XP too.
> I want my laptop to run under X window, but I really have a trouble. I
> searched several days on google, mailing list, FAQ, user guide
>
> 1. How can I reply email on this list? I didn't see any reply button. I
> cannot start a new thread every time.

An email list can't have a reply button, because an email itself has no reply button. I assume you  are reading a list archive with your Webbrowser. If that is true, subscribe to the mailing list and answer with your favorite email client.

> 2. If do I need to install x server (xorg-x11-base) on both server and
> laptop?

No.

> 3. I can not start X server on my laptop and super computer. The following
> is xwin.log

There is no error visible in this log. What makes you sure that the X Server hasn't started?

> 4. I can start ssh session with my super computer using my laptop with text
> mode

Did you start the ssh daemon on your "super computer"?

> 5. Run xterm and always xterm xt error: can't open display

How did you start them? And did you set DISPLAY?

> 6. Every time, I install openssh and X server, I run cygcheck -c and found
> that xorg-x11-bin incomplete. I reinstall it and fix this problem. But it
> doesn't help.

Remove everything and make sure you reinstall with Default Text File Type set to Unix.