Re: XWin starts but hangs as soon as I start an X-application

Yikes.  I turned off VirusScan on-access and buffer overflow checking,
then xterm ran.  So happy it was running, I forgot what I was doing
and fixed some missing fields in my .xdefaults file (changed Xterm to
xterm) and opened another window.  No problem.  xclock now runs, no
problem.  Re-enable buffer overflow and access scan, and guess what?
they both still work.  Put back configuration file.  Still works.
wtf?

I'll try rebooting and see if the problem reappears.