Running Cygwin on Vista

Hello,
I have been trying to run Cygwin on my new laptop running Vista Home
Premium and I am having a really tough time. Initially, the command

"startx" was not recognised so I downloaded all the x11 packages. I

then ran cygwin again without rebooting, the "startx" command was then

recognised and an xterm window was opened. I tried to connect to

Columbus but the "ssh" command was not recognised so I decided to

reboot and start again and now after the reboot I run cygwin and type

"startx" it does accept the command and starts however gives the

message "linked dll data write copy failed and it does not open the

xterm.

I also started reading about the problem on the net where some claim that cygwin works for them on vista and other see link http://www.trnicely.net/misc/vista.html claim that it is a problem with that required a microsoft fix.

I need your help.

Tamer