Re: Checking if the X Server is running

--- Holger Krull <holger.krull@gmx.de> ha scritto:

> I suggest you start the shell script from a
> batchfile.
>
> Like:
> C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe -l yourstartscript.sh
> Or make an Windows Icon with that command.
>
> If yourstartscript.sh is not found you have to give
> the full path to it in cygwin notation.
> Like:
> C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe -l /home/krull/startscript.sh
>
> There could be a remaining extra Window, can be
> avoided with:
> C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe -c -l 'run bash -l -c
> "yourstartscript.sh &" '

Dear Holger,

	Before getting this into a batchfile ? I am trying to
see if I can get this to work from the Windows Command
prompt.

Location of the Shell Script: /usr/local/bin/sd.sh
Contents of the Shell Script:  (As before)
--------------------
#!/bin/sh
if checkX
   then
        xterm -e /usr/bin/bash -l
   else
        XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error
        xterm -e /usr/bin/bash -l
   fi
--------------------------
I then tried out that this shell script works as
expected i.e. if I have the X Server running it does
not attempt to start it again.

I first tried something like: (With the X Server
already running)

C:\>C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe -l /usr/local/bin/sd.sh

Here somehow the X Server again attempts to start up
i.e. I get the ugly Error message. I also get some
output telling me that ?Fatal Server Error? (So I am
not sure what went wrong ? either checkX did not work
correctly or what??)

I then tried something like: (With the X Server
already running)
C:\>C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe -c -l 'run bash -l -c
"/usr/local/bin/sd.sh &"'

This time I get no output ? but I still get the Error
dialog. I am not sure what I am doing wrong??

Vielen Danke,
O.O.