Re: Checking if the X Server is running

--- Holger Krull ha scritto:

> As someone pointed out in another post the sequence
> ps |grep has a risk of finding grep itself in the
> list. The command pgrep combines both and hasn't
> that risk.

Thanks for this tip.

> That can be avoided by dual nested start like:
> C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe -c -l 'run bash -c -l
> "Xwin.exe :0 -query 192.168.11.1 -once &" '
>
> The first bash closes after the command and so does
> the cmd window which started it. The & at the end is
> important to get a independend process.

I don?t think I managed to get this to work. This
seems to open a single big window for cygwin ? which
is not want I wanted. So I then went in and added the
?multiwindow flag. With this, I again got that error
i.e. error dialog.

	I actually want to find a way to execute graphical
applications by this method. So with this method ?
even if we succeed, would not allow me to start up a
graphical application. So I went ahead and edited this
? so that it runs a shell script instead of XWin.exe ?
however with that I either get the error dialog, or
nothing works.

O.O.