Re: Using XWin.exe to connect to a linux X Server

Hi,

DISPLAY on the Linux box must be set to the IP address of the cygwin box.
Hmmmm...

But DISPLAY on the cygwin box must be set to either localhost or the IP address of this machine.
Ok, this one was set to d-tuxedo, which I did not change. But I just set it back to localhost:0.0 and still happens.

You also must have some method to communicate between both machines. I always used telnet as it was all locally done. You can also take SSH if you do not know who else listens between.
I do. I am able to connect to d-tuxedo through ssh, etc. I just want to use X with cygwin to get to it.

Erich

jose isaias cabrera wrote:

d-tuxedo 00:32:35-> set | grep DISPLAY DISPLAY=localhost:0.0

what should it be?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Erich Dollansky" <oceanare@pacific.net.sg>