xterm 6.8.99 - no unicode support

It appears that the latest xterm (6.8.99) is built without Unicode
support.  Downgrading to 6.8.2, Unicode functionality works properly.
My environment is all UTF-8, and everything from vim to man pages do
not display correctly with the newer xterm package, but do with the
older one.

Oops, I just noticed Robert Uhl's thread about this very problem from
November 6.  So, yeah, I second all of that.  It's about way, way more
than copyright symbols -- I can't read unicode-encoded asian text
(i.e. CJK) without it.  And box-drawing characters and other
semi-graphical elements do not render properly.  Again, the older
package works fine, and since well over 90% of my xterm usage in
cygwin involves connecting to a remote Linux/Unix box to do my real
work, the lack of proper locales support (while mildly irritating) is
not particularly a problem.  Lack of Unicode/wide character support in
xterm definitely is.

FWIW, it would be great if locales and a proper IME like scim were
supported, so I could actually type Unicode Asian characters from
cygwin.

--
Derek D. Martin
http://www.pizzashack.org/