Re: helP: malfunction of the x window system

Thank you for the suggestion.

I did not install new firewalls. The firewall was running also before when the x-server was working correctly.

I suspect that the issue was generated trying to run Xming. I had some minor problem with Xfree (before the major issue I reported now) and I tried Xming to see if it was working better.  Clearly  I did not solve the problem since now nor Xming neither Xfree are working...

for comparison I tried an evaluation version of a commercial x-server and it works. But it is not working as good as the cygwin-Xfree was working in the past.

thanks again,
any suggestion is very appreciated