Re: can I forward X packets for windows application to Linux Desktop?

Holger Krull a écrit :
Erik Earle schrieb:
I want to run an application on windows and see it remotely from
Linux machine.  From linux I would: "ssh -Y machine.that.goes.ping"
 to windows host running cygwin/X.

Then execute something like "explorer.exe" and have the windows
explorer running remotely on the windows machine popup on my linux
desktop.

Is this possible?

Not the way you want it. Explorer.exe doesn't use X11, so you can't forward it. The same is true for any normal Windows program. You can use cygwins X11 aware programs in that way of course.

Once upon a time I read on winehq.org that they were testing running
Windows apps inside wine, with wine running under cygwin/X. A bit extreme but if it works it should do what the OP wants.

Greetings,
--
Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director