RE: fatal error

Carlos Moran Tejeda wrote on Tuesday, February 05, 2008 2:55 PM::

> Fatal server error:
> could not open default font 'fixed'
>
> Please, could you let me know how to fix it?

Try looking in the FAQ - there's a link to it at the bottom of
every message on the list.

This is almost always caused by choosing to install for DOS style
text files.  If this is what you did, be advised that this causes
all sorts of other problems, so if you've only just installed
cygwin, I'd recommend deleting your cygwin installation directory
and reinstalling from scratch.