Cygwin-X does not shutdown with PC.

I've got an install of several hundred PC's all running cygwin-X. One of
the issues we are having is that we run "startxwin.bat" when the PC
starts up but when the users go to shutdown the register they get an
error screen of "Unable to shutdown cygwin-x. Please press end now or
cancel." And the shutdown sits there until they press end now.

This is horribly annoying our users and it's starting to crawl back up
the chain to be an real issue vs "just press the button you lazy user".

Does anyone have any thoughts about what might be preventing cygwin from
shutting down properly?