Re: Issue after installing cygwin

Mansoorali Kudsi wrote:
Hello,

I have been using cygwin since long.
Recently I was trying to help my friend install cygwin on his desktop.

After a successful installation, the startxwin.bat was run to start
the workspaces.

However, after starting the workspaces, the green coloured "Window
Maker Preferences" icon does not appear in the workspaces.
The same setup was used to install cygwin on my machine and I could
use the "Window Maker Preferences" to configure my shortcuts.
But somehow this does not appear on my friends desktop.

Any idea????

Any help in making this icon visible is highly appreciated...

Maybe I'm wrong but I found:

$ ll /usr/X11R6/GNUstep/
total 1
drwxrwx---+ 3 abcdefg Users        0 Feb  4 16:48 Applications/
lrwxrwxrwx  1 abcdefg mkgroup_l_d 14 Feb  4 17:41 Apps -> ./Applications/

It seems to me that I needed to create that link named Apps to the Applications directory.

Regards, Mansoorali.