Re: Informations and help

I've just installed the cygwin program, and i have some problem.
I've opened an X server and after that i've closed it. But the problem is when i try to open a new one i can't and it appear a message about a fattal error with closing the first one.
I wan't to know if there any possibility to reopen another X server or what ihave to do.
Jean,

Having the error message would be helpful.
Most probably, the X server you started is still running and the new one can't listen on :0. You can check this by looking for an X icon in the system tray (close to the time, usually bottom right of your screen).
You can use this server, just set the DISPLAY variable correctly. You can kill the server with a right click and the appropriate menu option.

For the generics of using X, you had better read some generic nix documents as:
- X works the same on cygwin as anywhere else
-there is currently no cygwin maintainer for cygwin/X anyway.

Best of luck,

Sylvain RICHARD