Re: unable to use x forwading from cygwin shell

mnedai wrote:
other thing, I use yout method and set up DISPLAY on my local xserver:
$ ssh -X -p 22 oracle@sandbox1
oracle@sandbox1's password:
Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.
Last login: Tue Jul 29 14:44:10 2008 from ciber-2863399a4.dcciber.com

sandbox1*sand1-/home/oracle
1001$ xclock &
[1] 30439

sandbox1*sand1-/home/oracle
1002$ connect localhost port 6000: Connection refused
X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

Sounds like you have a firewall blocking port 6000.

[1]+ Exit 1 xclock

sandbox1*sand1-/home/oracle
1002$

ote author="mnedai">
Larry, thanks a lot. I read your answers to the other similar posting, and
this is the reason I collected the information below.
I'm trying to figure out how to map dlls to the packages, but this is what
what I got when runnning:
mchapiro@ciber-2863399a4 ~
$ cygcheck ssh
Found: C:\cygwin\bin\ssh.exe
C:\cygwin\bin\ssh.exe
  C:\cygwin\bin\cygcrypto-0.9.8.dll
    C:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll
      C:\WINDOWS\system32\ADVAPI32.DLL
        C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll
        C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNEL32.dll
        C:\WINDOWS\system32\RPCRT4.dll
          C:\WINDOWS\system32\Secur32.dll
  C:\cygwin\bin\cygminires.dll
  C:\cygwin\bin\cygz.dll

Actually, this looks fine. Given that you got further with your attempt above, I'm assuming that the original complaint was related to the setting of DISPLAY before. If you were missing a DLL here, 'cygcheck' would complain about the one(s) it wanted but couldn't find.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 429-6305 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746