Re: opengl

I don't believe the Cygwin X server supports direct OpenGL rendering.
Furthermore I don't believe that the indirect OpenGL rendering it does
support is accelerated (It uses Mesa 6.4 software rendering).

Cygwin programs can use any API/Calls that a native windows program
can. Therefor if you need hardware accelerated graphics you can just
use the Windows Direct3D or OpenGL API and circumvent X11 altogether.

Thank you for your time,
James Steven Supancic III